Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tess Brunet... Au Ras Au Ras...


                Recently I had the pleasure of visiting with Tess and one of her band mates, Patrick Hodgkins. They flipped switches, wrestled with guitar cords and played it cool while I stuck my camera in there faces. I have listened to Tess's creativity for years while she has toured the country with other great bands such as ''Dead Boy and the Elephant Men'' and ''The Generationals''. Now Tess is doing her own thing and I like it. I have been listening to the self titled ''Au Ras Au Ras'' for months now and it is one of those albums that gets better every time you hit play. While being from NOLA, they do not abuse their heritage but, instead show the world that there are plenty of compelling artists living and producing amazing things down here in the big boot.
                Her new video ''Adele''                                                                                                                     




















.

No comments:

Post a Comment